Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Merry Berry Icecream

I´m holidaying in Finland at the moment, and I´m making the most of the plentiful supply of frozen berries by making "berry icecream" every day. The recipe was actually invented by my friend Michael, and it's one of the things I'm craving for the most in Italy where it´s really hard to find frozen berries (you might be asking yourself why I am not freezing berries myself but somehow I just find it a real shame to freeze fresh berries and, therefore, prefer to eat them as such).

Merry Berry Icecream

frozen berries of your choice
coconut milk

1. Put the frozen berries and the coconut milk in a bowl.


2. Blend! (If your blender is old and powerless, you might have to wait until the berries are a little bit softer.)

3. Enjoy!

I´m mainly using black currants, red currants, blueberries and lingonberries here in Finland, and the resulting icecream is not particularly sweet. If you prefer something sweeter, it's obviously better to go for strawberries, raspberries and the like.

Annika

No comments:

Post a Comment