Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Coriander Parsley Pesto

I bought a lot of fresh herbs at the market the other day and had to find a way to use it all before it goes bad. I wasn't convinced that the coriander+parsley combo would work as a pesto but I loved it. I used quite a lot of cheese in the recipe, which made the pesto a bit milder/creamier than traditional Italian pestos. Will make this one again for sure!

3 dl loosely packed coriander (chopped)
1 dl loosely packed parsley (chopped)
1 dl extra virgin olive oil
2 large cloves of garlic
1 dl grated vegetarian cheese (I used a mixture of gouda and maasdammer)
2 tablespoons of pine nuts
6 whole hazelnuts
sea salt
freshly ground pepper

1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and blend with a hand blender.
2. Put the pesto in the fridge overnight for the flavours to mix properly.
3. Enjoy.

Annika

No comments:

Post a Comment