Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Asparagusto Delizioso - Asparagus Soup

I had eagerly been waiting for the asparagus season to begin, so I was very pleased to find organic asparagus at the farmers' market today. It could only mean one thing: I would try to reproduce the lovely asparagus soup I made last year and share the recipe with you.

Here it is. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.






Asparagusto Delizioso

~1 kg of asparagus spears
2 medium-sized onions
3-4 small cloves of garlic
gluten-free bouillon powder
coconut milk
lemon
water
sea salt
pepper

1. Peel and chop the onions and the garlic roughly, and add them into a large pot together with the water, te bouillon powder, the sea salt and the pepper. Bring to a boil.

2. Wash the asparagus spears and chop them roughly. Add the asparagus into the boiling water. There should be enough water to cover all the ingredients. Cover the pot, and let it all cook until the asparagus is soft.

3. Blend until smooth.

4. Check the taste, and add salt and pepper if necessary. Add coconut milk and lemon juice, constantly checking the taste for the right proportions. I typically use a fourth or a third of a can of coconut milk and about half a lemon.

5. Heat it up, and enjoy!

Annika

1 comment:

  1. Asparagus and Coconut milk? That sounds interesting. I will definitely try that out!

    ReplyDelete